+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is Good Traffic for New Blog?

What is Good Traffic for New Blog?

I have a blog which is about 4 months old. What is a good daily traffic for blog. I have signed up with Google analytics and it shows about 200 visitors and about 500 page views per day. Is it considered a good start? I have been working a lot on the website.

Thanks.

Depends. What's your goal? $1,000 a month? More? If money is your goal, that should be the metric you worry most about. Work on the others as needed.

But to answer your question, I would think that it would depend on the niche - but it sounds pretty good. You have many subscribers?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Paulson View Post
    Depends. What's your goal? $1,000 a month? More? If money is your goal, that should be the metric you worry most about. Work on the others as needed.

But to answer your question, I would think that it would depend on the niche - but it sounds pretty good. You have many subscribers?
    Thanks Robert. Money is not the goal, at least at this time! But, I just want to know, if all my efforts are worth.

I do have about 150 RSS subscribers and about 90 email subscribers (Feedburner), and increasing slowly.

But coming back to your question, if the money is a goal (say $500 a month), what would be a good pageviews (or unique visitors)?

If money was the goal, then that's how I'd measure. Pageviews don't necessarily translate to dollars - again, depends on the niche, what you're selling, etc. Some niches only net a few pennies per click for Adsense, others net a couple bucks a click (or more). Then there's direct sales, affiliate sales...

But your subscriber numbers sound good, especially considering the time spent.

Sounds good for a new blog.

Let me clarify something what you seem to have missed and what Robert seems to be taking for granted: if your goal is the money, you need to measure the money earned, not just pageviews or subscribers (even though you could translate these metrics to money, if you have experience in monetization strategies).

If you want to know how much you can make from a blog, do this:
    - identify how you are going to make money from your blog (your services, your paid membership site, affiliate sales, sales of your own product, direct ads, AdSense, etc)
    - find out how you much you can earn per 100 visitors (depends on blog topic, where and how you put the ads and how much you earn from them - and also how hard you want to monetize your blog)
    - divide your current visitor numbers by 100 and multiply by how much you can earn from a 100 of visitors and you'll get how much you can make from your blog

Without knowing all that, it's virtually impossible to predict how much traffic you'll need to make $500.
    Last edited by A.N.Onym; 04-28-2009 at 11:12 PM.
    Yura

Quote Originally Posted by A.N.Onym View Post
    Sounds good for a new blog.

Let me clarify something what you seem to have missed and what Robert seems to be taking for granted: if your goal is the money, you need to measure the money earned, not just pageviews or subscribers (even though you could translate these metrics to money, if you have experience in monetization strategies).

If you want to know how much you can make from a blog, do this:
    - identify how you are going to make money from your blog (your services, your paid membership site, affiliate sales, sales of your own product, direct ads, AdSense, etc)
    - find out how you much you can earn per 100 visitors (depends on blog topic, where and how you put the ads and how much you earn from them - and also how hard you want to monetize your blog)
    - divide your current visitor numbers by 100 and multiply by how much you can earn from a 100 of visitors and you'll get how much you can make from your blog

Without knowing all that, it's virtually impossible to predict how much traffic you'll need to make $500.

Thanks A.N.Onym

Thanks for your suggestions.

I am only considering Google ad-sense for the beginning. I need to do some research on affiliate sale or other form of earnings. Can you suggest me some useful resources?

Sugarrae - Never Mess With a Woman Who Can Pull Rank is a great resource about affiliate marketing (and other stuff).

I recommend you to read these articles:
    How to Survive the Affiliate Marketing Evolution - Sugarrae
    How to Create Ebooks That Sell — Copyblogger
    Blog Pulling Power - Creating Flagship Content | Performancing.com (also download the e-book)

You can also check Affiliate Marketing | Programs for more tips.

The above are great blogs, overall, you'll learn a lot, if you read every post there.

CJ.com is a good place to estimate how much you can make per 1000 impressions (CPM) or per 100 clicks (EPC). Just register, login, search for your keyword among advertisers and see the numbers. Read help there, if anything's unclear about the interface.

However, it's generally much more profitable to sell your own digital products, such as e-books, Wordpress/Drupal themes or even run your own membership site with recurring monthly payments, which makes the most money:
    http://www.doshdosh.com/building-paid-membership-sites-for-money-teaching-sells-review/
    Last edited by A.N.Onym; 04-29-2009 at 06:32 AM.
    Yura

Tried to give rep for this post Yura, but had to spread. Great stuff - thanks for posting.

I took care of him for you, RP. It is an informative post, Yura. Thanks.

btw: that sounds like a good start to me also. Keep building traffic and quality commentary.

You can drive traffics to your blog by bookmarking your posts; participating to SEO forums (or any realted forums to your blog's topic), and also by blog commenting.

But most importantly... You must possess a good content. So your first time visitors will not visit your blog once; but often.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast