+ Reply to Thread

Thread: When Google notices backlink?

When Google notices backlink?

Is it just after Googlebot crawled the page with link or rather after that page got to index?

1. Someone puts link on the website. Googlebot crawls that page with link. The site that is linked from crawled page gets boost in Google on specified anchor.

or

2. Someone puts link on the website. Googlebot crawls that page with link. Page gets to index after a few days. The site that is linked from crawled page gets boost in Google on specified anchor.

Have you noticed that much difference between time of crawling and time of listing the page?

I did some tests and I can say that it can take 1-2 weeks or even more from crawling to listing.

Ok, here we go. I have site that is about 3 years old. It hadn't been promoted since that time. It took almost 2 weeks since linking page till noticing a gain in SERPs. It seems that G. did a bulk backlink update, because my site went up for some other keywords.

Upon posting a content, or building links to your site, Google crawls them in a short period of time. Not simultaneous though, but sure they are crawled fast (based on the latest algorithm update).

The thing is, the updates as to when they will show up is unknown. So don't worry about indexing or crawling. It's Google's responsibility to crawl every link or page.

Now it depends upon the quality of a link, if the link is posted in a web directory that would take upto a month, but if it's posted in a news or any highly visited site, it's possible even in 1 - 3 hours.

A backlink is counted and is live in search engine once the search engine crawler crawls and indexes it.

In one Moz case study, a small sample size of 76 links was analyzed to determine how long before a new link can trigger changes in Google rankings. The results indicate that a single backlink takes an average of 10 weeks to push a page a rank higher on Google.
    Custom Printed Boxes
    Custom Boxes
    Custom Packaging Boxes
    Custom Cosmetic Boxes
    Custom Presentation Folders

+ Reply to Thread