+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 116

Thread: Google Stealing from Publisher (rant warning)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    online
    Posts
    5,608

    Google Stealing from Publisher (rant warning)

    Ok Refugees I am more than a bit pissed off right now. Why, skitzzo? You're usually such an easy going guy! Whatever could be wrong?

    Well, I'll tell you. Google just banned my Adsense Account containing between $250-300! They said:

    Quote Originally Posted by thieving bastards
    It has come to our attention that invalid clicks and/or impressions have been generated on the Google ads on your site(s). We have therefore disabled your Google AdSense account. Please understand that this was a necessary step to protect the interest of the AdWords
    advertisers.

    ...

    Publishers disabled for invalid click activity are not allowed further
    participation in AdSense and do not receive any further payment. The
    earnings on your account will be properly returned to the affected
    advertisers.
    Ok, let me first say that I have not clicked on my own links, nor do I do any of the other crap that they mention. I have simply placed my ads in prominant places and its worked out for me. I was making a few bucks a day with them.

    Now, I have not yet received word back but I fully expect a cookie cutter answer that will be of little or no help. Further more....
    Quote Originally Posted by more from the thieving bastards
    If you feel that this decision was made in error, and can maintain in good faith that the invalid activity was not due to the actions or negligence of you or those you are responsible for, such as employees and family members, you may appeal the closing of your account. To do so, please contact us only through this form:


    If Google decides to evaluate your appeal, we will do our best to
    inform you quickly and will proceed with appropriate action as
    necessary. If we have reached a decision on your appeal, subsequent or
    duplicate appeals may not be considered.
    The emphasis is mine but here is what I want to point out. They hold me responsible for any employees, or family members. Now, I'm no lawyer but I don't see how they can hold me responsible for other people's actions.

    Also, what is this IF google decides to evaluate my appeal? IF? You just took a month's worth of rent (I dont live in a nice part of town) from me and you MIGHT evaluate my appeal.

    Lastly, they are still serving ads on my sites. They have banned my account, stated they don't plan on paying me for the clicks I did get, and yet their still serving ads on my sites and presumably collecting money for the clicks I get (even though they are allegedly "invalid" or "fraudulent")!

    Explain to me how this has not been questioned before? How have they gotten away with doing this? I figure if I get no-where with them, I'll take em to small claims court. I can be the guy who sued google over 300 bucks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    St. Louis, MO (almost)
    Posts
    2,910
    It should be pointed out that you have no employees and your family doesn't click on adsense ads.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Franklinton, LA, USA
    Posts
    3,786
    Wow, this is a first for seorefugee. I read so many of these at other places that I've become immune to them. In other words, after a while you just say, yeah right, you didn't click... Obviously, I have to abandon that position this time since it's you.

    There's been plenty of good advice over in the wmw adsense forum about how to handle this situation (with being kind and helpful towards Google being your best shot). I'll try to find a specific post to point you towards. But in general (from memory), offering to give them your log files and whatever else might be helpful to getting you off the hook is your only shot.

    Keep in mind, though, that even if YOU didn't click your ads, and no one you know did, doesn't mean they can't ban you. If there's any click fraud involved at all - even by someone else you never heard of - they can and will ban you, as is their right to do so. Still, a very few people have managed to save their accounts.

    Or...you can go to YPN.
    You'll never shine if you don't glow

    Donna Fontenot - eBusiness Coach / Consultant.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    online
    Posts
    5,608
    Quote Originally Posted by dazzlindonna
    Wow, this is a first for seorefugee. I read so many of these at other places that I've become immune to them. In other words, after a while you just say, yeah right, you didn't click... Obviously, I have to abandon that position this time since it's you.

    There's been plenty of good advice over in the wmw adsense forum about how to handle this situation (with being kind and helpful towards Google being your best shot). I'll try to find a specific post to point you towards. But in general (from memory), offering to give them your log files and whatever else might be helpful to getting you off the hook is your only shot.

    Keep in mind, though, that even if YOU didn't click your ads, and no one you know did, doesn't mean they can't ban you. If there's any click fraud involved at all - even by someone else you never heard of - they can and will ban you, as is their right to do so. Still, a very few people have managed to save their accounts.

    Or...you can go to YPN.
    Yeah, I am trying to figure out how to get them access to my logs... I guess I could just give them my password but I dunno about that.

    Here's the part that gets me. You mentioned its their right to ban me. How so? I mean, if I wanted to screw someone over why not just go and click on their ads a LOT from a bunch of different places or even go through a few proxies? Then I cost them their earnings for the month. Awesome!

    I can go to YPN but I want my freaking money. If google can just ban at will like this then what measure is there in place to keep them from banning a few thousand random people and just taking their cash?

    EDIT: Maybe this is retaliation for this post? http://www.seorefugee.com/forums/sho...92&postcount=5

    google you thieving bastards if you're reading this, I'm not sorry but I can be placated by giving me my account back as well as the money in it.
    Last edited by skitzzo; 08-09-2006 at 02:42 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Franklinton, LA, USA
    Posts
    3,786
    I know it sounds wrong, but its just the way it is. That same argument has been had many, many times....to no avail. When you signed up with them, you agreed that they could do this...and that's what it comes down to.
    You'll never shine if you don't glow

    Donna Fontenot - eBusiness Coach / Consultant.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,898
    that's really too bad they don't provide you any additional information.
    in the last 2 weeks it seems there have been a lot of cases just like this, and none have had a happy ending.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    online
    Posts
    5,608
    Quote Originally Posted by dazzlindonna
    I know it sounds wrong, but its just the way it is. That same argument has been had many, many times....to no avail. When you signed up with them, you agreed that they could do this...and that's what it comes down to.
    So if they banned all accounts tomorrow there is nothing anyone could do about it? I kind of doubt that.

    Also, that doesn't address the issue of once I am banned (now) why are they still serving up ads? If they were really concerned about the click fraud they say I am perpetrating then wouldnt they stop all ads on my sites?

    Like I said, I'm no lawyer but I'm willing to bet their pracitices are legally flawed somewhere.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,213
    While we're b!tching about Adsense... Something I've noticed is clicks getting rolled back. I don't make very much from adsense at all so when a $2.00 click disappears after a few days I notice. I'm not dumb enough to click my own ads and I never encourage anyone else to either. I have no employees. And my interests are not the same as my family. They wouldn't be interested in "do it yourself SEO" or whatever gets listed on my sites. I have to say Google needs to work harder at transperancy with this program - not on matching ads with content, but with tracking, accounting and general accountability. I don't mind an occasional click getting revoked but an explanation would be great so I can see if there is something I can do to make sure it doesn't happen again (or the occasions of it happening are greatly reduced).

    </rant>
    |
    Clue in soon!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Franklinton, LA, USA
    Posts
    3,786
    I don't have answers for you, skittzo, but I did find the thread I was looking for. Hope it helps.

    http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum89/5794.htm
    You'll never shine if you don't glow

    Donna Fontenot - eBusiness Coach / Consultant.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    online
    Posts
    5,608
    Quote Originally Posted by rmccarley
    While we're b!tching about Adsense... Something I've noticed is clicks getting rolled back. I don't make very much from adsense at all so when a $2.00 click disappears after a few days I notice. I'm not dumb enough to click my own ads and I never encourage anyone else to either. I have no employees. And my interests are not the same as my family. They wouldn't be interested in "do it yourself SEO" or whatever gets listed on my sites. I have to say Google needs to work harder at transperancy with this program - not on matching ads with content, but with tracking, accounting and general accountability. I don't mind an occasional click getting revoked but an explanation would be great so I can see if there is something I can do to make sure it doesn't happen again (or the occasions of it happening are greatly reduced).

    </rant>
    There are posts all over about this. Now whether some are legit bans or not I have no idea but I do know mine isnt and I'm the kind of guy who will make a lot of noise about an issue

    here's a link to another story just like mine (although I didn't see any big one day profits)
    http://stason.org/articles/money/how...ense_down.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts