Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kindly Advice me!My site has PR 6 site but NO Traffic

Kindly Advice me!My site has PR 6 site but NO Traffic

Greetings to all!!

I’m kind of confused. I have an ecommerce website, say Example.co.uk (targeting for UK visitors) and it has PR 6 at the moment.
    Well...I've been thinking why I am not getting any good search ranking for my site. My site has a good number of quality back links and my competitor site has lesser back links, but still they are getting good search ranking but why not me, they also have a PR 6.
    Is it related to something difference with SEO for international website? Is there anything that I can do to target UK customers?
    OR my product page has more no. of back links than my home page. Is this an issue?
    Will it make any difference?
    I mean though I have PR 6 and good quality backlines I don't know really
    Why my site is not having a rank in google.co.uk search? But my competitor’s site being PR 6 and lesser back links than my site, they rank on 1st page of Google search.

Any SEO Experts can give a valuable info???
    Please help me at the earliest. Thank you!

Cheers
    Ben

My first guess would be that you have quite a lot of backlinks, but not a lot of good ones with your favourite keywords in the "anchor text".

What sort of keywords/keyphrases ARE you ranking for? Long ones? Exotic ones?
    Hey, DIY your SEO and smile!... Gotta love my host (no kidding)

The fact that your homepage has PR6 doesn't mean your other pages have any links pointing at them.

So,you might want to:
    - build links to your category or product pages (or link-worthy articles)
    - publish link-worthy articles to get links to the articles: you can link to your category/product pages from them
    - create high quality, long articles/how tos/tutorials and link to them from within your site: you'll rank for plenty of long tail phrases
    - add more products
    - write 2-3 compelling, unique descriptions for your products
    - make sure onpage SEO is well done (unique title tags, good internal linking, text links, internal text links with anchor text, etc).

But most of all:
    - use keyword research (wordtracker.com, adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal)
    - write link worthy, focused content (niche topics, not general ones)
    - format the articles well (short paragraphs, subheadings, lists, etc)

More focused content + more links to target pages = more traffic.

(Bonus: a simple presentation about blogging to get traffic from Matt Cutts of Google).
    Last edited by A.N.Onym; 06-27-2009 at 09:41 PM.
    Yura

If you let us know what your site is we can give a better guess at whats wrong with it!

You must get quality of back links.. When talking about quality, it deals with relevancy..

Well, in order to generate more traffic , you must keep attention toward the social media networks so that more and more people get to know bout your website, like you can utilize facebook, twitter, youtube etc and you can also use the PPC so that you can actually purchase the traffic for your website...

Too bad to hear that your site gets so little traffic, you should start using some softwares for that

Quote Originally Posted by ben1 View Post
    My site has a good number of quality back links and my competitor site has lesser back links, but still they are getting good search ranking but why not me, they also have a PR 6.
    Mate, it is not a numbers game in google. Quantity of inbound links don't affect your ranking much. Your competitors' sites possibly do have quality backlinks even if they have the lesser number.

well, it doesn't mean you can get a good Google Ranking if you have a good PR. PR doesn't do anything to search engine rankings. Good if you have a lot backlinks, but you should also use your keyword as an anchor text.

you do smo for traffic and forums also it is very helpful for collecting traffic.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast