+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Working up to 101 reasons why NOT to use Google

Supposing you are talking about not targetting Google as a webmaster, I'll say that targetting on getting published/linked to from relevant niche sites is more effective, because you get new connections, actual clients and build your trust. Rest comes naturally (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc).
    Yura

i think, one should come all the features what google have and some new features which google dont have, but have to rem one thing that google goona make it if it would be really cool before your search engine come into the maket, so you will be gona again so i think first make it popular, than come with a unique service which google dont provide.

What about we don't trust them because they're going into the operating system market!

Quote Originally Posted by stephen186 View Post
    What about we don't trust them because they're going into the operating system market!
    Was that your way of suggesting that they - like you - copy stuff from others and publish it under their own name? Oh wait, you cannot answer that anymore

Because eventually Google are going to compete directly against highly profitable businesses which rely too heavily on search. You might end up being crushed by the giant itself. This will enable them to grow to an even higher omnipotent power in the world of commerce.

Slightly worrying. It's makes sense, think about it. They need to leverage their current position and that is the perfect way to do it.
    Last edited by seogoat; 03-30-2010 at 03:40 AM.

Reason #7: Google's definition of Net Neutrality
    See the latest news about Verizon-Google's Legislative Framework Proposal which will hurt the tech and start up communities.

Reason #8: They're closing down Google Wave
    <Waves goodbye to Google Wave>

Quote Originally Posted by Wit View Post
    On occasion, I see people complain that the whole world of web search seems to revolve around Google.

Every "new" search engine is always compared to Google first, even if it aims to be different. Latest examples: Wolfram/Alpha, Bing, Cuil, ummm etc. Every newcomer is expected to be a so-called "Google Killer", and people are disappointed if it proves not to be.

Quite recently - on seo.com - someone asked why people are thinking like that. I'd like to take it one step further: why NOT think like that?

In my opinion, Google is well-established as the benchmark of search. However, I'd like to be convinced that Google - given the right circumstances - is not necessarily the Dog's Bollocks when it comes to web search. I'm hoping that you clever peeps can help me come up with a list. I doubt that we'll reach 101 though, but let's see

I'll start:

1) If you live in China and access to google is blocked, using baidu may well be the next best thing.
    2) The satellite photos on maps.live.com/maps.bing.com are sometimes more detailed and they also have online 3D-view.
    3) MJ made google come to a grinding halt.

Surely there are more reasons, however big or small? I just cannot think of any. Please add to this list.......
    Yes you are right. Most of people do this because everyone know google instead of others search engine. Google is also very popular search engine. I know these others search engine but i didn't heard too much about these search engine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MesrianiLaw View Post
    Reason #7: Google's definition of Net Neutrality
    See the latest news about Verizon-Google's Legislative Framework Proposal which will hurt the tech and start up communities.

Reason #8: They're closing down Google Wave
    <Waves goodbye to Google Wave>
    Good ones

uhmm i think that would work but i cant find a reason why not use google. i think they're ok. i still use it.

Quote Originally Posted by pops View Post
    Old pages dominate the serps even for searches where you are obviously looking for current information. For instance, one of the top 10 result for Dreamweaver is a training resources for Dreamwaever 4 (Current version is equivalent to version 10).
    I think it is because of domain age; that why sometimes old webpage outrank new pages.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast