+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Recovered from Penalty But

Recovered from Penalty But

Hello,
    We recovered from Google's manual penalty in January 2014. Afterwards, we changed our site design, fixed our content, fixed java scripting, disavowed bad links, increased our social presence, tried to engage customers in blog content, etc. But we still couldn't get our domain name back on SERPs. (It wont show our site even on first page if I search "best vpn service" on Google.com)
    What should we do to bring our domain name back on the SERP?
    What About Sandbox? What we need to do to get out our domain name from sand box?

Any comments or thoughts will be really appreciated

Best.

P.S: It was manual link penalty

Did you do all that stuff at the same time?

No it takes months to clear bad links, disavowed bad links and submitting reconsideration request. Afterwards, we received penalty revoked message from Google at webmaster. But still our rankings wont back in SERPS

Just because a manual penalty is removed doesn't mean that your rankings will recover. Most of the time sites that trigger a manual penalty also built low quality links that would hit the site with algorithm issues with Penguin.

Meaning even though you successfully removed your manual penalty your site could be hurting because of Penguin. The only real way to recover from penguin is by removing links not by disavowing. Disavow is a sham.

If you want to recover your rankings at this point you need to remove the links. Otherwise there's not much you can do at this point.

I just want to know how is it going now. It could really takes a few months. What's your site standing now?

Start to build the high quality links for your site and do a search engine submission of your website.

Quote Originally Posted by janeleonard View Post
    ... search engine submission...
    (*o*) really? I mean: seriously!?

There was an interesting article just published on Search Engine Watch about not getting your rankings back after a penalty removal, I'd link to it but I#m unsure about the linking policy in this forum

The forum software might choose to hold your post, but I don't think the active admins here
    would mind a URL or link pointing to SEW

It is very important to determine the root cause or the reason why your website has been penalized.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast