+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: dmoz, now what?

dmoz, now what?

Finally, just made it into the DMOZ Directory. Anyone have an idea re what effect that is likely to have on Google SERP position?

It's a good thing, but it's just one thing. Depending on the competition, it might give a nice boost, but I wouldn't count on it. It did for some of my sites, but not for others.
    You'll never shine if you don't glow

Donna Fontenot - eBusiness Coach / Consultant.

Congrats on getting in - it's a good feeling isn't it?

I heard recently (maybe Rand Fishkin?) that DMOZ links have really been devalued lately by G. Could be wrong. But whether I am or not, doesn't matter. DMOZ is but a step in a long journey - put your boots on and keep walkin', knockin' on potential link partners doors......

Thanks for the comments, folks. Just my luck if it's devalued just about the time I get in! LOL!

Moderate Importance Somewhat Disputed
    Implicit Trust of Site: Avg 2.77 | Std. Dev. 1.12
    There is speculation that some websites have gained the implicit trust of search engines. Educated guesses on their identities range from places like CNN.com to DMOZ.org to Whitehouse.gov, all in varying degrees, and all purely hypothetical, unknown in truth to all but a few engineers. Links from these sites may carry special weight and rank boosting power, although it will probably never be possible for SEOs to correctly identify or quantify them.
    A quote from SEOMOZ only...

A tactic get approval on boosting your Ranks ->> We Spam it ->> gain some boost -->> Google Devaluates...-->> again we forced to Think...
    Search Engine Marketing India "With a Virtue of being Practical...!!!".
    DD:"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."

Quote Originally Posted by kichus
    A quote from SEOMOZ only...

A tactic get approval on boosting your Ranks ->> We Spam it ->> gain some boost -->> Google Devaluates...-->> again we forced to Think...
    Welcome to the world of electronic warfare, as practiced by the Pentagon. It's a continual cycle of measures/counter-measures/counter-counter-measures....

The SEs and the SEOers are in a kind of war -- the SEs want uncorrupted SERPs while the SEOers want an edge over the competition. I suggest a truce: the SEOers get preferential positioning on the SERPs and agree to quit trying to get an edge and making the SEs redo their algorithms. LOL!

mcs Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by expat
    Welcome to the world of electronic warfare, as practiced by the Pentagon. It's a continual cycle of measures/counter-measures/counter-counter-measures....

The SEs and the SEOers are in a kind of war -- the SEs want uncorrupted SERPs while the SEOers want an edge over the competition. I suggest a truce: the SEOers get preferential positioning on the SERPs and agree to quit trying to get an edge and making the SEs redo their algorithms. LOL!
    lol, I can see precedents which might suggest that this wouldn't work... it's all to do with power and an "open" market. The two fight quite heavily, but with a smile.

The problem is d-day - when would the two sides stop? 11:11:11 on the 11th of November 2006?

If that ever happened, Google would have to make a lot of people redundant; a lot of small companies would go aout of business... the IRS and other 'interested' bodies might notice a small whole in their purses.

I say let there be war. I say let's play (Google might prefer it that way - science progresses only when it has seemingly unsurmountable obstacles in its path).

Well, there's also the Y! directory. Try to get in without paying. That should keep you busy for a while...

And then there's that one Wit can post to where you have to pass the funky test to be a member...
    |
    Clue in soon!

i would try to sleep with Molly Ringwald. the process should also be long and grueling, filled with emotional ups and downs, humorous mishaps and eventual success (references: Pretty In Pink, Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles). but then, would that even be fulfilling enough

for the record, no it wasn't, even though i practiced the CAT technique http://www.womenshealth.org/a/coital_align_technique.htm with general success

I'd call that a contender for RCO...
    |
    Clue in soon!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast