+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Care to get together to decipher this? :)

Care to get together to decipher this? :)

http://www.threadwatch.org/node/7258

pacemaker-alarm-delay-in-ms-overall-sum 2341989
    pacemaker-alarm-delay-in-ms-total-count 7776761
    cpu-utilization 1.28
    cpu-speed 2800000000
    timedout-queries_total 14227
    num-docinfo_total 10680907
    avg-latency-ms_total 3545152552
    num-docinfo-disk_total 2200918
    queries_total 1229799558
    e_supplemental=150000 --pagerank_cutoff_decrease_per_round=100 --pagerank_cutoff_increase_per_round=500 --parents=12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23 --pass_country_to_leaves --phil_max_doc_activation=0.5 --port_base=32311 --production --rewrite_noncompositional_compounds --rpc_resolve_unreachable_servers --scale_prvec4_to_prvec --sections_to_retrieve=body+url+compactanchors --servlets=ascorer --supplemental_tier_section=body+url+compactanchors --threaded_logging --nouse_compressed_urls --use_domain_match --nouse_experimental_indyrank --use_experimental_spamscore --use_gwd --use_query_classifier --use_spamscore --using_borg
    noncompositional compounds (anyone know what this might be?)
    compactanchors...hmmmm
    indyrank
    compressed urls
    domain match
    spamscore / experimental spamscore
    pagerank cutoff increase / decrease
    parents (related sites? links?)
    and of course borg (which i think is a "place" - a datacenter probably)
    Last edited by dazzlindonna; 07-05-2006 at 07:12 AM.
    You'll never shine if you don't glow

Donna Fontenot - eBusiness Coach / Consultant.

This has got to be HUGE... but I have no idea really what it means. I gathered that this is taken from a cashe in google but the site it was from and when etc etc would be useful. I think I'm over my head on this one.

Indyrank - must be some cyclic, iterative process to determine the 'rank'
    Domain match - hmmmm, could have something to do with 'judging' a complete site instead of just the different pages
    Spamscore - hehehe the number of dashes in the URL
    Borg - 'should' be a collective rather than a single datacenter, at least for Trekkies.

</speculation>

Of course it could all just be a prank by someone who knows how to cloak a page and then supposedly "leak" the info....
    Hey, DIY your SEO and smile!... Gotta love my host (no kidding)

That Borg actress was one of the all-time hot TV space girls. Bring her back!!!!

In all seriousness, without further details what does this tell us? (assuming this is legit)

That google classifies searches (we already know or at least suspect this eg: sandbox affecting competitive vs. non competitve terms).

That google has an experimental spam score it assigns to sites. (Trust-Rank anyone?).

I'm sure there's more in there (dont have time to dig too deep right now) but to me it doesnt seem all that groundbreaking. Am I missing something? (as I said in my first post in this thread, I'm likely out of my league on this one)

Oh, it may tell us nothing. But let's say we all put our heads together and tried to come up with theories on what "compactanchors" means, for example. Sometimes, understanding the terminology, can help us figure out how to do something different/better.

OMG I KNEW IT!

--phil_max_doc_activation=0.5

I have theorized about this for ages now, never had any proof. Here it is! That one value tells me all I need to know. "phil"... obvoiusly, referring to Dr. Phil... it's a score on how the page makes you FEEL! THAT'S how they're ranking!

Doubt me? Yeah? Ok, smarty, then why the reference to "borg" if they don't have human brains wired into their mainframe? Huh? Huh? Explain THAT one!

-Michael
    Free Image Meta Search
    SEO Tools
    Poetry

Blog Smackdown!
    Skitz is very clear about what behaviour caused him to start this site up. His ego is way too big and fully engaged - rmccarley

It was just too much text. I couldn't read it. - rmccarley

I'm not a prosecutor, but Dave thinks I should play one on T.V.

Dr. Phil...ha...snort...snuffle...giggle... That's a good one! I bet Oprah is involved somehow too!

Yeah, I was wondering about Dr. Phil, but I've never seen an episode so I couldn't comment.

Compactanchors... dunno... looks like a way to represent a 'hit' on the serps, rather than an actual ranking mechanism....

</speculation type="more">

Code:
     cpu-utilization 1.28
    cpu-speed 2800000000
    timedout-queries_total 14227
    To me this implies that a site that loads quickly and without using up too much CPU would be better.

Code:
    avg-latency-ms_total 3545152552
    Could this stuff be the number of pages on your site and maybe how new they are? We've all been told fresh content is a must.

Code:
     e_supplemental=150000 --pagerank_cutoff_decrease_per_round=100 --pagerank_cutoff_increase_per_round=500
    Would suggest to me that PR (google's kind) might still play a roll in rankings.
    Code:
    --sections_to_retrieve=body+url+compactanchors --servlets=ascorer --supplemental_tier_section=body+url+compactanchors
    more proof that meta stuff is ignored?

</speculation type="Wit's">

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast