Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone want to tell me why my PR keeps dropping?

Quote Originally Posted by A.N.Onym View Post
    That's a great explanation, Michael. Make this thread (or your answer) a sticky? I am sure this question will be asked over and over again, esp after a major algorithm change (unless it is total PR removal).
    Stuck
    |
    Clue in soon!

I opened your site and found that its on pr 0 , i think your traffic is going down day by day thats the main reason for your p.r drop...

Quote Originally Posted by rick222 View Post
    I opened your site and found that its on pr 0 , i think your traffic is going down day by day thats the main reason for your p.r drop...
    a) That's completely inane and poor information... PR has nothing to do with how much traffic you are getting, and

b) Are you by any chance related to rick22...?

-Michael
    Free Image Meta Search
    SEO Tools
    Poetry

Blog Smackdown!
    Skitz is very clear about what behaviour caused him to start this site up. His ego is way too big and fully engaged - rmccarley

It was just too much text. I couldn't read it. - rmccarley

I'm not a prosecutor, but Dave thinks I should play one on T.V.

Hello Tresmom, I understand your problem, do one task now, try to swap relevant links on your web pages, and see the result on the next google page rank update.

John, with all respect, I'd expect PR to drop even lower, if Tresmom swaps links. Linking to and getting linked by authority sites on the topic is good, but it is not done to swap links, but to provide value to the visitors.

many webmasters are feeling bad about it... google must be having some changes in its algo...

Why do people still care about Page Rank. It's the SERP's that I pay attention to.
    Sure I wouldn't mind a PR 5 or 6, but what I care about is Google's page uno.

Few backlinks with high PR is better than a lot of backlink with low PR.
    So u need to check the websites's PR that links to yours.

Quote Originally Posted by dazzlindonna View Post
    PR for lots of sites have gone down, so the domino effect is in place. If sites that link to you have lower PR, then they are sending lower PR to you, hence lowering your PR.
    Yes,you'd better to see whether your links has go down.

Quote Originally Posted by tresmom View Post
    I have no idea why, but our PR keeps dropping. Our SERPs have continued to go up though and our traffic & unique visitors have gone up tremendously. I know we have tons of links pointing to us in Yahoo (and Google too for that matter) so I can't figure out why our PR keeps going down instead of up. Any theories, speculations, etc as to what PR really means these days. I have stopped paying a whole lot of attention to it because it is depressing.
    Its time to quit being depressed. Rankings are what is really important. PR was and is only important id you are selling links, other than that it is mostly useless.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast