+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Does this work? Non-hidden keywords in the footer.

Quote Originally Posted by [keyword]
    Does keyword "insertion" like this work? Is it considered stuffing?
    I think it works for now, but to me it seems very spammy. I believe that each SE has a KW threshold and that once you surpass that density it begins working against you.

My guess is that in time, this tactic will hurt more than help. As important, I think it cheapens an otherwise good site and possibly causes visitors to leave quickly.

/*tom*/
    Get interactive with the best audience response system or most popular student response system for business.

I think mvandemar's example was tasteful. It should work well.

Ok, off topic but it's happening in this thread so I'll point it out here... the brackets around [keyword]'s nic is making his rep comments anonymous. :P

And as to the text like I did, it can actually be done better, and eventually I will rewrite it some. I threw that up as a test (that worked btw) and will revise it some day soon.

-Michael
    Last edited by mvandemar; 05-25-2006 at 05:57 PM.
    Free Image Meta Search
    SEO Tools
    Poetry

Blog Smackdown!
    Skitz is very clear about what behaviour caused him to start this site up. His ego is way too big and fully engaged - rmccarley

It was just too much text. I couldn't read it. - rmccarley

I'm not a prosecutor, but Dave thinks I should play one on T.V.

Re: the off-topic remark: it's not the square brackets, it's the number of posts. Dunno why it's set-up like that

Close Wit - I think it's the rep. A member has to have a certain amount of rep granted before the rep they give counts. It's not very much... 10 or 20 or so.
    |
    Clue in soon!

Sry, On-Topic... :
    Sometimes.. when you get the page written by someone, they tend to mention the KWs also as a seperate paragraph in that document...

And sometimes, you may tend to add them in the page - eventho the writer included them only for the referance - by seeing it's under a sub-heading 'keywords' . 'Most have some % wrong idea on KWs'...
    Last edited by kichus; 05-26-2006 at 12:29 AM. Reason: T
    Search Engine Marketing India "With a Virtue of being Practical...!!!".
    DD:"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."

Even if it helps, I think it looks crappy. Nowadays, I like my pages to look pretty(-ish) and clean (don't laugh!). And a huge block of repetitive keywords on the page doesn't help, now does it? At least if you hide the text, it's not such an eyesore for the visitor.

I'd rather put some of those phrases in my keywords meta (which I rarely use anymore) and get myself a couple more good links for a - no doubt - equivalent effect.
    Hey, DIY your SEO and smile!... Gotta love my host (no kidding)

I think it can be done well. Er... tastefully and effectively. And while it isn't a link with great anchor text it's another oportunity to work text into the design of the page.

Keyword rich text!
    |
    Clue in soon!

Yeah,..... Wit.. it looks crapy for us or the readers...

But as I said.. there are some mis-concepts on 'keywords' - 'specially when ppl start doing SEOing after attending a Seminar on-topic...
    Search Engine Marketing India "With a Virtue of being Practical...!!!".
    DD:"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."

Oh, no, just work them into a smaller-text-ed paragraph. I do it sensibly, keeping in mind that it might make it into the snippet displayed in the serps. https://www.guideadda.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast