Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: how fast is too fast for building backlinks?

how fast is too fast for building backlinks?

Dear members and SEOs

So, now that I am making a new sports-betting website that will generate it's own content, I will have a lot of free time to get backlinks, but how much is too much?

I was to set a limit to myself for each day, how many backlinks should a person make in one day? please advise

thanks in advance...

There isn't such number as far as I am aware. Keep working on marketing and content to attract people. Once people like your site the links will start appearing. Also research who links to your competition and ask them to link back to you as well but again, you need to provide valuable content in order for them to link to you. And of course advertise on closely related sports sites
    "This is business: the light at the end of the tunnel is usually an oncoming train!"

42 is the answer. Everyone knows that.
    Free advice and opinions are provided without any warranties or guarantees. I cannot do anything about the facts.
    http://www.michael-martinez.com/

The same question I do remember somewhere else too... when we were there... hmmm.....

[0039] Consider the example of a document with an inception date of yesterday that is referenced by 10 back links. This document may be scored higher by search engine 125 than a document with an inception date of 10 years ago that is referenced by 100 back links because the rate of link growth for the former is relatively higher than the latter. While a spiky rate of growth in the number of back links may be a factor used by search engine 125 to score documents, it may also signal an attempt to spam search engine 125. Accordingly, in this situation, search engine 125 may actually lower the score of a document(s) to reduce the effect of spamming.
    You can read it in the Google patent declared March 2005, - am not saying that everything has been told there is currently using in their ALGO. But it says how Google thinks about this issue...

there is Logical rate, i hope than a definite on in numbers | %, about the Link building rate, which may cause a penalty.
    Search Engine Marketing India "With a Virtue of being Practical...!!!".
    DD:"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."

So, in essense, you are either building links naturally or trying to spam the search engines
    Yura

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Martinez View Post
    42 is the answer. Everyone knows that.
    Nope, it's 47.
    God knows where you are, but Google may not. SEO is the key that unlocks search engine success (and a plugin isn't enough).

Quote Originally Posted by ultranet View Post
    So, now that I am making a new sports-betting website that will generate it's own content, I will have a lot of free time to get backlinks
    relying on auto-generated content is the real problem

I was to set a limit to myself for each day, how many backlinks should a person make in one day? please advise
    Think about some of these suggestions as you search for answers and input......

As a new site you don't have historical data to look at but if you did - try to figure out how long it took you to get the backlinks you have, weigh it against your content and traffic growth and then keep up that pace. If you've been online for 2 years, haven't added pages and only have 10 links, getting 2047 links overnight might be a bit much!!

For new sites, look at what's ranking in your space and then look what's behind them. Meaning their whois, links, current and past content (use archive.org for the past bit) etc - hopefully you'll be able to piece together some sort of growth track.

Personally, all that research makes my eyes bleed and I find it much easier to simply add content, annouce it, promote it and slowly accumulate links through just about any means possible. (buy, beg, borrow, swap, digg, flick, bait, dangle, incentivize, signature, blog, media, press, EARN).

If you don't build any backlinks, just build content and then watch how your backlinks grow. That is natrual link growth.

Any kind of artifical link building could potensially be bad in the short run, with a new domain I would build quality links before increasing the link volume.
    If you don't know what the frak to do start having more fun!

If you don't build any backlinks, just build content and then watch how your backlinks grow. That is natrual link growth.
    I disagree with this statement, just building content isn't the only tactic for accumulating links. And I don't think there is any such thing as natural link growth.

The Web/Net is a big place and in order to attract attention you have to make a little noise. 'Noise' isn't necessarily just content, it has to be good content plus good promotion. Then the links will come.

with a new domain I would build quality links before increasing the link volume.
    Drawing from my experiences, I'll again disagree with this comment. As much as some will like you to think, it's not always about 'just' quality. Not all niches/keywords are created equal, the more competitive markets require more aggressive and creative tactics and for the most part - higher link counts to assist in the ranking game. Sometimes might does make right.

I don't feel you can make blanket statements about marketing on the Web/Net as a whole. There are givens I think - good content well promoted and updated frequently will attract an audience over crap anyday. But even good content needs a wizard behind the curtain pulling strings to keep it going.
    Last edited by debram; 01-14-2007 at 08:49 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast