+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do you bill through PayPal?

Question How do you bill through PayPal?

I've seen some of you post about it and am wondering how you do it for custom jobs. My old company had it but I wasn't the one that worked with it.

Thanks!
    |
    Clue in soon!

If you have a paypal business account, you have the request money option which also includes an invoicing option. The business account doesn't cost more, I think you just have to be verified. I'm not sure if they have the option for all accounts or not.

Assuming you have some type of price quote generating application, just fill in the hidden "amount" form field with whatever it ends up being. This is then passed to paypal when the user clicks the "Pay by paypal" button.

Er... price quote application?

I usually just type something up. Maybe use Excel...
    |
    Clue in soon!

You can request money in all accounts but only accept credit/debit cards with a business account iirc. Plus you pay charges with a business account of 4.3% plus about 30p/50c per transaction.

If it's just the odd one off then go with skitzzos_pop's suggestion. Log into your account, use the Request money feature, put in who it's for and how much and it'll email them asking them to pay.

Alternatively you could set up a paypal button using their tools and then put this online somewhere and amend the amount to whatever suits (or get clever and use a database to do it!). I use this to let clients pay invoices for under £100 and have the payment system directly on my website. Sounds more professional when you can accept credit cards

Its very easy just login with your Paypal id and pay the bill

+ Reply to Thread