+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Free SEO Tools from SeoMoz

Quote Originally Posted by randfish View Post
    I know there's not much new - but we figured it would be nice to have access to all of these in one place (especially with the dashboard, where you can make calls to all of these and all of the premium tools, too). The one that is completely different is the "strongest pages on a domain" tool, which we think is pretty spiffy.

Sorry you guys aren't fans - hopefully when the Geo-targeting tool launches in a couple weeks that will be more up your alley
    Quote Originally Posted by SEO_AM View Post
    That is where you are wrong... we are fans and, in most instances, supporters.
    If you've ever sat in the bleachers at Yankee Stadium you know how tough fans can be. That's why they station cops there.

SeoBook also did a similar job today it seems... http://tools.seobook.com/ - I've bookmarked some of this since I felt some uniqueness.
    Search Engine Marketing India "With a Virtue of being Practical...!!!".
    DD:"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."

Quote Originally Posted by SEO_AM View Post
    That is where you are wrong... we are fans and, in most instances, supporters.
    Why do I feel persecuted?

-Michael
    Free Image Meta Search
    SEO Tools
    Poetry

Blog Smackdown!
    Skitz is very clear about what behaviour caused him to start this site up. His ego is way too big and fully engaged - rmccarley

It was just too much text. I couldn't read it. - rmccarley

I'm not a prosecutor, but Dave thinks I should play one on T.V.

Dude admit it, you're the biggest fan

Quote Originally Posted by Wit View Post
    Dude admit it, you're the biggest fan
    Did you ever see "Misery", or read the book?

-Michael
    Last edited by mvandemar; 08-31-2007 at 01:44 PM.
    Free Image Meta Search
    SEO Tools
    Poetry

Blog Smackdown!
    Skitz is very clear about what behaviour caused him to start this site up. His ego is way too big and fully engaged - rmccarley

The strongest pages - I tried to explain it in the comments at SEOmoz, but basically it just runs a inurl:domain.com site:domain.com search at Google with &filter=0 in the URL string. My perception and experience has been that the pages with the most PageRank as listed in Webmaster Central are also listed (although not always in perfect order) in that search query, which is pretty cool competitive intelligence to have.

Fans? Awesome The whole goal is to provide as much cool free and premium stuff for SEOs as possible. Mom always said - share and you get more, so that's our business plan

Quote Originally Posted by randfish View Post
    The strongest pages - I tried to explain it in the comments at SEOmoz, but basically it just runs a inurl:domain.com site:domain.com search at Google with &filter=0 in the URL string.
    That's just the old non-supp pages hack that no longer works. You do know that now returns pages that are included in the supplemental index, right? That half of the pages returned are ok, but half are garbage?

-Michael
    Free Image Meta Search
    SEO Tools
    Poetry

Blog Smackdown!

Fans?
    Not fans, weird fans, it's a weird forum

And if you thought WE were all over RandF, take a look here and see how Googlebot does it in a very professional way

They all seem very general... very broad in scope... nothing specific or precise...

I think this would be a good indication of how Google is effecting the seo community... in fact... I'm having a hard time finding anything specific or solid since they removed the supplemental listings... everything feels like rolling the dice now... ( not that it wasn't always like that for me )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast