+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Newly Released Cool and Free Wordpress Themes Now Available For Download!!!

Newly Released Cool and Free Wordpress Themes Now Available For Download!!!

There are newly released cool and free Wordpress Themes now available for download starting today.

Get them here -

http://www.sem-pros.com/search-engin...ressthemes.htm

Quote Originally Posted by masterofthe View Post
    There are newly released cool and free Wordpress Themes now available for download starting today.
    Are the images in those themes licensed for redistribution?

-Michael
    Free Image Meta Search
    SEO Tools
    Poetry

Blog Smackdown!
    Skitz is very clear about what behaviour caused him to start this site up. His ego is way too big and fully engaged - rmccarley

It was just too much text. I couldn't read it. - rmccarley

I'm not a prosecutor, but Dave thinks I should play one on T.V.

where is the demo url?
    do you have any?
    Search Engine Marketing India "With a Virtue of being Practical...!!!".
    DD:"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."

Hmmmm I found this article VERY interesting and strangely familiar all at once... Masterofthe, if you're Sam, you might want to address this.
    Last edited by skitzzo; 06-07-2007 at 06:52 AM.

He spammed Cre8 too
    eKstreme.com - Are your keywords buzzing?
    Blog of science - learn something new today!

Hmmm, what's wrong with dropping a link or even two in a blog comment or forum post as long as it's decent and follows the rules and sh** ?

I'm sure masterofthe will answer our questions after he/she has done his/her rounds

Also, I must point out that people might not immediately like the looks of certain themes, but the themes in question might be perfect "structure-wise" for a certain purpose. I haven't checked.

I don't get the "reputation" references BTW. Am I missing something?

Now, see, I'm with Wit on this one. I thought it was kinda rude to make it into such a huge issue. Just struck me funny.
    You'll never shine if you don't glow

Donna Fontenot - eBusiness Coach / Consultant.

On the one hand, dropping a few links here and there is not a big deal. However, going through and promoting your site/service/product on totally unrelated topics is spam. Now, in this forum the thread was started in the wrong place but may very well have been unintentional but commenting on blogs with a post similar to the thread here would be totally inappropriate IMO. And to some extent, I think calling people out on stuff like this is part of the solution to SEO's image problem. I mean these type of tactics are exactly why people think we are spammers and if we sit by and do nothing about it (or more blatant forms of spam) then we're at least accepting it, if not condoning it.

Also, there's the whole issue of using images they've got no permission to use in a form meant to be widely distributed. I mean even if you don't think the link dropping was bad, as a business you've got to be smarter than that.
    Last edited by skitzzo; 06-07-2007 at 09:24 AM. Reason: added bit about images

Regarding the images...yes, he may be in violation for using them. But so are a jillion other webmasters out there, I'm sure. Just seemed kinda like a strong reaction (or witchhunt) to something that just didn't seem that big of a deal to me. Not necessarily the reaction here, but a somewhat prominent blogger making a whole post on it, calling the guy out. I dunno, maybe I'm just not feeling the hate today.
    You'll never shine if you don't glow

Donna Fontenot - eBusiness Coach / Consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by dazzlindonna View Post
    Regarding the images...yes, he may be in violation for using them. But so are a jillion other webmasters out there, I'm sure.
    Agreed, in fact I admit, I use unlicensed images occasionally but not for redistribution and certainly not on a business site. That's like using pirated software. I mean yeah a lot of people do it but if you're a business and do it, it only takes one pissed off ex-employee to really cause you trouble. It's just bad business.

As for the other stuff, again, I think we need to raise the bar on our industry. Whether this qualifies as that, I dunno for sure but I think it might be (an obviously) small step in the right direction.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast