Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Local Searching

Local Searching

I am frustrated with the recent Google index update. I have a site that used to get top ranking for 'Promotional Products Auburn' and for other local city names like Kent, Renton, Federal Way and such. This was a pretty good source of traffic for us.

Now Phone book or local directory sites are comming up for those keywords. I am working on increasing the local cities in backlinks but it isn't all that easy.

Any recomendations?

There isn't much original stuff you need to do to get higher in the SERPs.

- build overall topical links from authority sites (nothing new, eh)
    - get listed in the Google Local Business (provide accurate information)
    - include your full address in the footer
    - remove links from your site to sites you wouldn't recommend to your visitors (if you put links to those sites on the visible part of the homepage, would your visitors love you?)
    Yura

A.N.Onym, Nice ideas

Quote Originally Posted by A.N.Onym View Post
    There isn't much original stuff you need to do to get higher in the SERPs.

- build overall topical links from authority sites (nothing new, eh)
    - get listed in the Google Local Business (provide accurate information)
    - include your full address in the footer
    - remove links from your site to sites you wouldn't recommend to your visitors (if you put links to those sites on the visible part of the homepage, would your visitors love you?)
    Ok Good But can you please tell me. When we check our keyword in Google Local then only top10 result come so how can i come with these top 10 results. same as SEO Or any other method which we can apply for this.

well try to join local communities and then try hope so you will get what you want. but you need to work hard and think about the niche and domain that what people like or what not.

local searching will be helpful that we find the exact thing near our area.

Hello,

Nice idea "usainternetmarketing" and moreover try to bookmark your all activities as it can also provide you with positive results.

this idea all about geo targetting.. there are many thing you must care, before using any resource you must have to check its ranking, and its high traffic coming from. the most important is to check its hosting,,,, and specially in social networks, target the people they are surly from the same place you want..

Quote Originally Posted by usainternetmarketing View Post
    well try to join local communities and then try hope so you will get what you want. but you need to work hard and think about the niche and domain that what people like or what not.
    Wow great Idea. Why didn't i thought of that before. thanks for sharing your ideas.

i have started working on local ,, and that is great because i have studied about google algorithm for 2011, that it will give preference to the sites who are having listing on locals search engines...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast