+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Google arbitrage

Google arbitrage

Last year Jen from Jensense blogged about Google cracking down on arbitrage:

http://www.jensense.com/2007/05/18/google-adsense-disabling-arbitrage-publisher-accounts-as-of-june-1st/

She's talking about them canceling AdSense accounts, but I thought they had cracked down on AdWords clients as well. Does anyone else remember this, and if so, any idea when they started allowing it again?

Thanks.

-Michael
    Free Image Meta Search
    SEO Tools
    Poetry

Blog Smackdown!
    Skitz is very clear about what behaviour caused him to start this site up. His ego is way too big and fully engaged - rmccarley

It was just too much text. I couldn't read it. - rmccarley

I'm not a prosecutor, but Dave thinks I should play one on T.V.

My personal opinion is Google has to come out and say one thing, but in the interest of their bottom line they have to do another.

For example the guy paying 10 cents a click to get traffic to his site pays that to Google.
    The visitor goes to his site and clicks on another, more expensive ad, Google has to pay, BUT they are also making money. In fact they are making more money off of arbitrage then just getting the guy paying 10 cents a click.

Ive seen this quite a bit in the mortgage industry. Really long tail mortgage keywords being used to go to a "refinance" site where the click can be $10 or more.

Every way you cut it Google is getting paid. By law they have to do everything in their power (legally) to make their share holders money.
    REALLY killing arbitrage goes against that. However by coming out and banning some high profile people to make a "statement" to cut down on your "johnny come latelys" who have no panache (sp?) when it comes to how to do it is a way for them to say that they are attempting to cut down on spam and bad clicks to their advertisers. However it's the primary reason if I run an adwords campaign I rarely will run it outside of Google.com itself. The "quality" of clicks has never been there in the network for me.

See, I am seeing a huge surge of it, which is why I thought maybe they reversed their opinions/stance on the whole thing.

Does anyone else know of any official word on it?

-Michael
    Free Image Meta Search
    SEO Tools
    Poetry

Blog Smackdown!
    Skitz is very clear about what behaviour caused him to start this site up. His ego is way too big and fully engaged - rmccarley

It was just too much text. I couldn't read it. - rmccarley

I'm not a prosecutor, but Dave thinks I should play one on T.V.

i have faced this personally when i was doing arbitrage....Google is not happy with that business....no official statement as if yet

+ Reply to Thread