Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Help me Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by AppleVenus View Post
    LOL all the mods get there here don't they?

Okay, pops...if you could do it...I'll do it. now going to multiple tWITter accts. If you can do it...I'll give it a try. Can't wait to start tweeting to myself.

EP, don't spread yourself too thin over multiple accounts, you've got stiff competition on twitter, the news reported this morning that Ashton Kutcher has reached 1 million followers

AV
    If you love me post your Killer Salad recipe

I think it is best served cold!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleVenus View Post
    EP, don't spread yourself too thin over multiple accounts, you've got stiff competition on twitter, the news reported this morning that Ashton Kutcher has reached 1 million followers

AV
    I care a lot less about the million more followers than the fact that he has Demi Moore as a wife. Not bad...not bad at all.

I've been twittering for a while now. I like it.

Couple of things.

1. I went back and reread the comments and advice and am going to review the links in the comments. This is a great help. (hashmarks....ah..tx)

2. I did set up a 2nd business acct. and Donna was correct, IMHO. It is difficult. The difficult thing is that it is time consuming imho. How in the world can peeps be on multiple social media platforms? Who is? How much time do you spend? How do you manage it? Its very time consuming. Are there tools to allow you to switch w/in different social media environments...say facebook, myspace, and twitter for a single account?

3. On the personal side I'm seeing a lot more links to interesting articles, applications.

4. On the brick and mortar business side...it appears that food and beverage places...are using it effectively...tho the one that really took off is Kogi...a non brick and mortar application...its a Korean taco truck in LA. There are a number of Youtube videos on it but here is one of them.

There are a number of restaurants/coffee shops/ etc. that have used this effectively to date, twittering specials, etc.

I guess my big question is time....how do you handle the time elements?

I think the trick is for you to only "network" using your personal account and to get a minion to handle the biz one With a bit of mutual promo every now and again of course.

EP, the way I would suggest you handle it would be to search for specific phrases on twitter and monitor those streams.

For example, I help Pops out from time to time so I monitor a Dreamweaver search.

For your B & M I can think of a few searches I'd monitor and be as helpful as possible when it comes to that stream. If people have questions, try and answer them by pointing to one of your blog posts on the topic or use the question to write a post and then drop the link.

That way you're being helpful, as well as doing a bit of self promotion, and people will thank you for it (at least they have in Pops' case).

I think this is what Skitz was saying... sort of... (it's late, saki was involved...)

Split your personalities. Your personal account will talk about anything. Your business one will talk about business related stuff. Probably avoid controversy with the second one. And, yea, cross promote a little.
    |
    Clue in soon!

Apparently, we need to repeat that advice, EP, cuz you don't seem to be listening

Twitter is freaking amazing. Without much effort, I've already pulled 912 followers. I see huge potential in this. Of course I also remember when web sites were valued by "eyeballs" so whatever.
    |
    Clue in soon!

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast