+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Failed with customer. Is it fine to ask him why?

Failed with customer. Is it fine to ask him why?

I sent an offer for one's request about 4 months ago. Since then there was no email contact with him... I'll be changing my offer soon and the thing is that I want to get as much info as possible on what to change. I would like to know why he didn't choose me. Is it ok to contact him by phone for the reason (I tried to contact him by email with no success) ?

I believe that is a great thing to do. Ask the customer in the light of trying to learn better so you can perform better in the future. Not all potential customers will respond, but if they do its a great opportunity to learn.

good luck.

You'll do much better in future if you know why you lost this sale, make it personal, ask questions like "How could I have changed my offer to better suit your needs?"
    Find your company listing on Manta.com and claim it for free - upload a logo, add detailed info, contact info and (seo friendly) links

Can you tell me what period is deffinitely long enough to be sure that I lost potential customer? I know that customers like to seek for the best offer (especially for the lowest price) and it can take some time for them to choose one.
    Is it 6 months, 4 months, 2 months or there's absolutely no pattern?

It so depends. I don't think there is a time frame at all. I'd contact the potential customer and see where he stands.

If he hasn't made a decision one of the best questions to ask is..."what are you looking for (or something like that)...in a "whatever service you are offering".

If he gives you an answer of sorts, look back at your proposal and revise it to meet those needs if you can.

If he made the choice and chose a competitor its a great time to thank him for speaking with you...then ask what drove his decision.

Well sincerly i don't find ethical people who contact me to ofer there services i personaly won't hire no body this way

When i search for some service i find them they don't find me ...

I've actually had companies ask me these sort of questions and I think it's perfectly ok to do so.

+ Reply to Thread