Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 83

Thread: Link Bait Ideas

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Inverness, FL
    Posts
    2,380
    Quote Originally Posted by SearchEngineNerds
    ...Bible Encourages Pornography...
    Well, this is an interesting statement. While it did catch my attention (I sure hope you don't believe this statement), I don't think a topic which would lead into a clear theological debate would be useful or appropriate for this forum.

    On that note, let me just say this: I don't believe an accurate and proper reading (understanding the full context--textual and historical), or even halfway decent hermeneutic would allow such a premise to be seen as true.

    If anyone wishes to ask me questions about this premise, I'll be glad to politely discuss them with you, but not on this forum. My email is in my profile or check out my website.
    God knows where you are, but Google may not. SEO is the key that unlocks search engine success (and a plugin isn't enough).

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NY, NY
    Posts
    1,908
    Quote Originally Posted by jrothra
    Well, this is an interesting statement. While it did catch my attention (I sure hope you don't believe this statement), I don't think a topic which would lead into a clear theological debate would be useful or appropriate for this forum.

    On that note, let me just say this: I don't believe an accurate and proper reading (understanding the full context--textual and historical), or even halfway decent hermeneutic would allow such a premise to be seen as true.

    If anyone wishes to ask me questions about this premise, I'll be glad to politely discuss them with you, but not on this forum. My email is in my profile or check out my website.
    That's exactly why this would be good link bait. It elicits a very strong response, as demonstrated above. Frankly, jrotha, it is none of your business whether I believe it or not, I was not trying to start that conversation here, but rather promote the exchange of various concepts of link bait, including the controversial of which this clearly is a prime example.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Inverness, FL
    Posts
    2,380
    Quote Originally Posted by SearchEngineNerds
    That's exactly why this would be good link bait. It elicits a very strong response, as demonstrated above. Frankly, jrotha, it is none of your business whether I believe it or not, I was not trying to start that conversation here, but rather promote the exchange of various concepts of link bait, including the controversial of which this clearly is a prime example.
    I agree that your example is a good example of link baits. It invites discussion. At the same time, your "none of your business" remark baffles me as I was attempting to be jovial with what I said while being open to discuss it outside this forum.
    God knows where you are, but Google may not. SEO is the key that unlocks search engine success (and a plugin isn't enough).

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NY, NY
    Posts
    1,908
    ok guy, i may have read it in the wrong tone, i'm tired - it's almost 2 in the morning and i've been going since 6am yesterday. I know the comment was offensive, but it was purposefully offensive, that's the point of the strategy. I certainly didn't want anyone would take it personally. It is a prime example of a very powerful form of link bait.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Inverness, FL
    Posts
    2,380
    Quote Originally Posted by SearchEngineNerds
    ok guy, i may have read it in the wrong tone, i'm tired - it's almost 2 in the morning and i've been going since 6am yesterday. I know the comment was offensive, but it was purposefully offensive, that's the point of the strategy. I certainly didn't want anyone would take it personally. It is a prime example of a very powerful form of link bait.
    No problem.

    If anything I said in my post offended you... I apologize. Being tired is something I can fully appreciate. Hopefully this can be put behind us and we can press on from here.
    God knows where you are, but Google may not. SEO is the key that unlocks search engine success (and a plugin isn't enough).

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,213
    Go in peace - both of you - that's an order!

    LOL - Good points made on both sides... even if they're the same one.
    |
    Clue in soon!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Inverness, FL
    Posts
    2,380
    Quote Originally Posted by rmccarley
    Go in peace - both of you - that's an order!

    LOL - Good points made on both sides... even if they're the same one.
    No problem.
    God knows where you are, but Google may not. SEO is the key that unlocks search engine success (and a plugin isn't enough).

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    online
    Posts
    5,608
    So... I think it's time to revive this thread. As SEN said in the OP (yes it was a while ago) I have an idea or two, and hopefully the more ideas we share, the more ideas we'll come up with as a collective. So...

    This post (How NOT to get on Digg) is great linkbait, did well on digg, and can be scaled across all sorts of niches. Basically you can take any "How To:" article ever, and just reverse it. Our How to Kill a Forum post was sort of like this although it was completely unintentional.

    For inspiration, you only have to look at all the different "How To"s on Digg.

    Now obviously you won't want to just take the statement and put a "Don't" or a "not" in front of it. Make it humorous and entertaining. Play off well known mistakes in your industry etc. and I'm willing to bet, you'll get some links from it.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the Matrix
    Posts
    9
    Also lists... "Top 10 ..." - etc.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    443
    Hmm, let's see write an article about how bad natural childbirth is, the benefits of bottlefeeding, or let's see my all time favorite write something about circumcision being a cure for <whatever you want it to be a cure for>. There's tons of breastfeeding & birth ♪♪♪♪s out there along with overzealous intactivists. After having a 10 lb baby without an epidural, I seriously thought about writing an article titled "the truth about natural childbirth" myself.

    Teresa

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts