Closed Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Link Bait Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by prof.stan View Post
    How new visitors know about your website.
    SIMPLE - Do a lot of web promotion...a regular update and a good, unique, original content would best fit..

Yura - I'll send you a PM.

So, I asked about which images get lots of links. It appears, some do that.

Here's an example: how the movies should really be named.

Why I think it worked:
    - the actual work involved some genuine effort: finding the movies, thinking up the new titles, photoshopping the posters
    - addressed a pain that most moviegoers have: being disappointed by the movie, because the expectations were set high by trailers and posters, which showed the best pieces of the movie and/or overpromised
    - provided relatively humorous alternative posters
    - touched relatively popular, recognizable movies or actors (at least some are recognizable by a non-movie goer)
    - struck the niche, where fans of movies/stars are emotional and plentiful
    - the post is relatively easy to consume (fast, in fact)
    - fits on any popular or niche social website (humor, movies, entertainment)

4400 links 6 weeks after publishing.

I have to say, though, it's easy to reverse analyze it after it happened. It takes much more time and effort to put more knowledge into the piece before it's published.

What happened, in my opinion, was that the author had a great pain, he provided a humorous alternative to himself, which also worked for a large portion of web users. Technically, that's the recipe for successful content, if your tastes are similar to those, who you want to get links from
    Last edited by A.N.Onym; 02-27-2009 at 06:40 AM.
    Yura

flickr does help a lot....
    I love wine and beer

Amazing, the page I cited above now has 11.4k links. Probably a few side-wides in there, but still, very, very impressive, considering usually the amount of links drops after a few months.
    Yura

Robert, could you PM me a link to the images, too? Thanks!

I run a business specializing in skin care products. We manufacture all of our products, giving us a lot of mark up on everything. Typically a product costs $5-$10 to produce and ship and will retail for $40-$60.

I want to do some kind of giveaway to try to bring in quality links. I want to exploit the fact that I can giveaway a $60 product at a very small cost to me.

I've though about rewarding bloggers for traffic they send in, either by rewarding the top traffic getter every month or letting bloggers earn store credit by generating hits. This seems similar to an affiliate program but I am wondering how well it would work. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Also, any other ideas on exploiting giveaways would be great.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jabalabs View Post
    I want to do some kind of giveaway to try to bring in quality links. I want to exploit the fact that I can giveaway a $60 product at a very small cost to me.

I've though about rewarding bloggers for traffic they send in, either by rewarding the top traffic getter every month or letting bloggers earn store credit by generating hits. This seems similar to an affiliate program but I am wondering how well it would work. Any input is greatly appreciated!
    Seems like a good idea but I would also consider generating some good content that would appeal directly to your target market and promoting that.

10 Skin Care Tips for the Summer

The 5 Worst Skin Care Disasters: How to Prevent (and Deal with) Them

What Skin Type are You? (and how to make the most of it)

You get the idea.

Then promote the content to other bloggers and on social media sites etc.

Thanks for the input on the articles. I've already got a couple articles in the making, those ideas will help. I'm mainly looking to get something going with the giveaways because I've seen others have great success with them. I think the fact that I can do a $100 giveaway for less than 10 bucks out of my pocket gives me a big advantage in this area.

If you have a forum then being controversial is the best way to get people posting as everyone likes to put in there 2bobs worth!

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast