+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Google position and bookmarking websites

Social Bookmarking promotes or depromotes

Yesterday my site ranked on 6 th position later I added to some social bookmarking websites. when i checked ranks for that keyword today, it was pushed to 11th position. Shocked to see, the bookmarked websites occupied the top position..
    Please discuss on this..
    Last edited by kok; 09-01-2009 at 03:10 AM.

Ah yes, that is quite a common problem. It makes it hard for 'smaller' websites to stay ahead.

Of course, this is the very reason why people have made these "social bookmarking sites". These sites get pages made for them for free, with new keywords they can rank for.

All you can hope for is for the 'power' of those links to kick in, and push your site back up.

while smaller websites asks for bookmarking is it worth to suggest?

I would suggest lots of OTHER backlinks as well, apart from social bookmarks.

It's a bit of a "catch-22" situation: smaller/younger websites need the social bookmarks to get noticed, but may get pushed from the first page of search results for keywords they already "own". Maybe -- at first -- it's best to focus on keywords they are NOT ranking well for yet.

You are not alone in this promotion world other also try their best to get top ranking so this is not the major issue. Try to create more and more links from other promotional resources for your website.

It's because bots love to crawl social bookmarking sites, for these sites are always updated with contents. another sites that bots love to visits are forums, blogs and article sites. So I suggest to use these resources very well with discipline.

Maybe next day you will be on 4 and 5 ... we can`t know this... check after one two days and it must be ok if you didn`t do something wrong . Is true that search engines loves bookmarked website but your website will be on top too.

Last edited by Wit; 09-26-2009 at 08:52 PM. Reason: snip

Hello frined I have also same problem before, my blog was also top ten for on keyword but later it completely disappear from SERP, but now it again come to the first page. I think until you make some quality backlink you can not get your website or blog on top ten.

That just means that your site is not well optimized compared to those social bookmarking sites that can also be considered as more authoritative than your site. Keep optimizing your site content as well as links.

+ Reply to Thread