+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Been paying my SEO guy for 2 years now...

Been paying my SEO guy for 2 years now...

Hello, I have been paying my SEO guy for about 2 years now and we initially saw results but for the past 1 + years have made no progress and are currently sliding backwards. We started with about 200 visits a day and were up to ~800 but today we are down to ~600. I think that we should be seeing much more traffic after paying someone to "actively pursue SEO" for this amount of time. Is this unreasonable or is this the performance you would expect from two years of paid SEO?

Thanks for your input!

Wow. That's quite a long time... Maybe it also has something to do with the niche of the site?

Anyway, the best thing to do here is to ask for a documentation reports of the progress that he's been doing for the past months and for the succeeding months up to the latest. In that way, you can monitor everything that he's been doing and from that, you can decide if he's doing well or just nothing..

you are paying guy for traffic or quality traffic check your conversion rate check your market niche?
    You do your business I do mine, because you are you and I am I, If we meet it is nice.

That is such a long time. Do you ever see his reports weekly, monthly?Perhaps he has done something that harmed your site. Maybe he has been using black hat seo.There are countless reasons here.May I know your PR now?or perhaps your URL specifically and check if your back links have grown tremendously since the two yrs he has started.

wifila - What is your site about? Perhaps 800 visits/day is good for that topic/niche.
    Find your company listing on Manta.com and claim it for free - upload a logo, add detailed info, contact info and (seo friendly) links

Just wondering why it's taken you 2 years to get interested. You should have been getting regular reports and an occasionally discussion of your goals, outcome and expectations. Buying SEO services is like buying anything else, it's up to you to make sure you're getting a return on your investment.

You have ask about transactional keywords Geo location conversion and ranking on targeted keywords.
    You do your business I do mine, because you are you and I am I, If we meet it is nice.

Most SEOs have only an entry leven knowledge of the craft and almost no practical knowledge of marketing. This scenario isn't new. In fact, it's quite common and one of the most damaging problems the SEO industry has (for our collective reputations).

Generally, SEOs think along the lines of do a little keyword research, build some links, track results, charge for the report... repeat! Where they should be actively seeking new ways to draw relevant audiences in through the search eangines. This means do a lot of keyword research, build links, track, refine, expand... repeat! The problem is most SEOs are like most people and they get complacent. As the client you need to be actively pushing the bar up for your SEO. And...

Well, it should be fun, dammit!

This is commerce. It's exciting to go in, take on a niche, make friends, trade links and ideas, cross-promote and dominate the niche. And then find a new niche that you can repeat the process for (while still serving the best interests of the client site and its visitors). Also, look for synonyms, cultural references, important geography terms, local stuff -- whatever!

Anyway, it's probably best that you voice your concerns to your SEO and see where to go from there. It may be a good idea to start shopping for a new one. And be prepared to do that every year or so. We all have great ideas for new projects, it's tough to be innovative for ongoing projects.
    |
    Clue in soon!

Sometimes the results of your SEO efforts may decline but, you need not worry about that. You'll gain back your positions.
    :-)

+ Reply to Thread