+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anchor text as title on Yahoo serps?

Anchor text as title on Yahoo serps?

I have seen quite a few questions about this subject but I haven't been able to find a real answer. Maybe someone can answer this for me.

A client's website is ranked well in Google, Yahoo, and Bing. However, Yahoo, as of about a month ago, changed the title of the site to an achor text keyword, which is one of the keywords we are targeting, but it dropped over 10 positions. I have the following meta tag: <meta name="robots" content="index,follow,noodp,noydir" />, but it doesn't seem to help.

Any ideas? I've never had this problem before.

Does that page have a proper (and preferably unique) <title> element?

Or is that page called "Home" or even worse "index.html" ?

Or was it a spammy title in the first place?

Surely there must be a reason why Yahoo! thought their version was better......

Hey dude my first page is named as HOME PAGE and it does not have any spammy content

Well. In that case: why are you wasting the most important on-page element (i.e. the <title> element) on the most useless keyphrase on the web?

Is this really the phrase you're aiming for?

Yahoo is in fact doing a very clever thing: they're guessing at what should be the best title for the page, instead of drowning the page in the huge pool of 1,120,020,016 results for "home page"

Dude

Second, just like Google, both Yahoo and Bing run plenty of real-time . Until Bing updates its SERPs again, putting the two engines back out of sync. .... results on its own, instead of pulling the title directly from the HTML tag. It contain keywords in the anchor text (which is about 10% more than Google).

Search Engine Results Pages (SERP) are the pages displayed by search engines in response to a query by a searcher. The main component of the SERP is the listing of results that are returned by the search engine in response to a keyword query, although the pages may also contain other results such as advertisements

Automatic driving lessons |Automatic driving lessons Solihull |Driving schools Birmingham |Automatic Driving Lessons Walsall |Birmingham driving lesson |Driving lessons in Birmingham |Automatic driving lessons West Bromwich |Automatic Driving Lessons Walsall|Driving schools Birmingham | Automatic Driving Lessons

Yahoo is in fact doing a very clever thing: they're guessing at what should be the best title for the page, instead of drowning the page in the huge pool of 1,120,020,016 results for "home page"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast