well geo targeting is very important specially if your business is in one place or where your service can reach..
The search engines have systems in place to recognize the IP address of each user. This IP address includes their geographic location. When you set geographic restrictions at the campaign level in Google or Yahoo!, the keywords in that campaign will only display ads for users within the specified location!
7 Simple Geo Targeting techniques:
* Country-specific domain name – eg. .com or .com.au or .co.uk etc. etc.
* Where your site is hosted – be careful with this as a lot of hosting providers may have their offices in one country, but use servers and equipment based overseas.
* Language used in your website content - even things like UK English vs. US English can make a difference due to spelling and colloquialisms.Inbound Links to your site – are they mainly from other Australian websites, US sites, UK sites etc.
* Listing of your address / location / phone number on your website.
* Location of people who look at your site – if your site has more traffic from Australian visitors it is likely to rank better in Google.com.au than it would in Google.com.
Only if I want to display my site in the specific region which I can chose.
Geo targeting means having the ability to target a marketing or advertising campaign at a limited set of visitors based on their physical location. Advertising programs that support geo-targeting allow you to control where your ads are displayed based on parameters like country, state, city, or even within X miles of a postal address. Geo-targeting is useful when your online incidence is used to promote an offline business.