Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How many of you follow Geo-Targetting?

well geo targeting is very important specially if your business is in one place or where your service can reach..
    Personal Injury Defenders - Group of Slip and Fall Accident Attorney in Los Angeles

The search engines have systems in place to recognize the IP address of each user. This IP address includes their geographic location. When you set geographic restrictions at the campaign level in Google or Yahoo!, the keywords in that campaign will only display ads for users within the specified location!

Geo targetting

7 Simple Geo Targeting techniques:
    ---------------------------------
    * Country-specific domain name – eg. .com or .com.au or .co.uk etc. etc.

* Where your site is hosted – be careful with this as a lot of hosting providers may have their offices in one country, but use servers and equipment based overseas.

* Language used in your website content - even things like UK English vs. US English can make a difference due to spelling and colloquialisms.Inbound Links to your site – are they mainly from other Australian websites, US sites, UK sites etc.

* Listing of your address / location / phone number on your website.
    * Location of people who look at your site – if your site has more traffic from Australian visitors it is likely to rank better in Google.com.au than it would in Google.com.

Only if I want to display my site in the specific region which I can chose.

Hello guys....
    Geo targeting means having the ability to target a marketing or advertising campaign at a limited set of visitors based on their physical location. Advertising programs that support geo-targeting allow you to control where your ads are displayed based on parameters like country, state, city, or even within X miles of a postal address. Geo-targeting is useful when your online incidence is used to promote an offline business.

No, I don't consider it most of the time. I find it hard to do and takes lots of work.

Hello! Do you have links to some test about that?

GEO tagging is the process of adding geographical identification metadata to various media such as a
    geotagged photograph or video, websites, SMS messages, QR Codes.

Most of the people who are doing local business are usually work on geo targeting so for anyone how want to stay ahead with their competitors has to work on geo targeting, otherwise he will be likely to stay behind his competitors.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2