+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Google will take notice of images

Google will take notice of images

I have read in a forum that Google is going to check the copied images. Google will penalized those sites that have copied images. Is it correct or just rumor ?

I am not hear that kind of topic about copied image. Yet not forget to add alt and title tag on image.

I don't hear about this topic, but if you want to use images, optimize your image

Maja,

I haven't heard about this either, but in a way it would make sense.

Google wants to remove sites with "lean content" from their index. So if I were Google I'd start removing sites that:
    - copy lots of images, like for example affiliate websites and low-level blogs tend to do;
    - actively show lots of images from other websites, and present them on their own pages as if they were their own;
    - ...combinations of the above.

They may well exclude known 'high-profile' news websites from their algo, but as I said I cannot be sure since I haven't
    tested this myself.

Do you think your own website is in danger?

All I can say is that it sorta makes sense :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Maja View Post
    I have read in a forum that Google is going to check the copied images. Google will penalized those sites that have copied images. Is it correct or just rumor ?
    If that so then we need to use different alt tag for every copied image. Can you please give us the source where you get this information?

It may be right since the Pirate update by Google penalised site that have copied contents from original websites.

I think its just fine to use an images. Make sure they are not copyrighted or always put the source of the image.
    Last edited by BruceAtherton; 01-14-2015 at 04:38 PM.

There is nothing like that, because images can't read by Google crawler stills, so it's not easy to find out duplicate images.

This started happening with the first Panda update. If you're not using original photos on your site then you should start. If you must use stock photos, then you should crop them to a different size than the original so that Google doesn't think they're copied images. This has nothing to do with the actual alt tag and filename of the image, it's more of an advanced image check.
    I like to go to images.google.com and click the camera in the search bar. If you upload your image and Google can't find a match, then you're safe to use it on your site. If you upload the image and there's multiple instances of the same exact image (size, filetype, filename, etc.) then I would use something else.
    The number one rule is to have "unique content" and that includes images.

Yes google will take notice of image . because images can't read by Google crawler stills, so it's not easy to find out duplicate
    images . so don't use duplicate images for posting in SEO sites . It's bed for SEO .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast