Indexed pages dropped to 2
Please suggest me some valuable suggestion to get back to normal with my website.
Indexed pages dropped from 360 to 2 within a week in Google Webmaster Tools.
Traffic dropped to 0 along with indexed pages.
You have to make sure that you consistently update your website by adding contents and work on effective marketing strategy.
Check for server issue & overall site structure. Resubmit your website to Google for consideration.
This mean your backlinks have been removed. Try to create such backlinks which remain at least a year.
Try to determine when the drop off started, and try to remember what kinds of changes the website was going through during that time. That could help point to the reason for the drop in indexing.
There are plenty of reasons why Google may choose not to index pages, so this will take some digging. Here are some places to start the search:
- Check your robots.txt to ensure those pages are still crawlable
- Check to make sure the content on those pages isn't duplicated somewhere else on the Web.
- Check to see if there was any updates to canonical changes on the site around when the drop started
- Check to make sure the sitemap currently on the site matches the one you submitted to Webmasters, and that your CMS didn't auto-generate a new one
- Make sure the quality of the pages is worth indexing. You said your traffic didn't really take a hit, so it's not de-indexing your quality stuff.
Tags for this Thread