+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is Keyword Density?

What is Keyword Density?

What is Keyword Density?

The term is used around the text on your site. It pretty much means the amount of keywords pr words.

Keyword density is a measure for calculating the number of times a particular keyword is in a text.
    If you have a text of 500 words and your keyword appears 50 times, you have a keyword density of 10%.

Lets say you want to rank on the keyword "dog" and you have a text of 500 words on your site. If your using the word dog 50+
    times Google might think you are just spamming the word to rank higher and that will give the oppersite effect.

When we talk about Keyword Density in SEO, people normally recommends a density of 3-5%, but you can also have success with
    a higher number. No one have the correct answer on what the max % to use is, it can vary a lot but as long as you stay between
    the 3-5% mark you wont be punished by Google for stuffing the keyword.

I normally use the keyword 3-5 times max pr 500 words.

Hope that helped a little bit

Rico Kubel - Webstarters
    Last edited by Neemt; 05-24-2019 at 04:07 AM. Reason: edit

Keyword density is the percentage of times a keyword or phrase appears on a web page. Keyword density can be used as a for determining whether a web page is relevant to a specified keyword or keyword phrase. The percentage is always in comparison to the total number of words on the webpage.

Keyword density is "number of keywords" per 100 words.

Keyword Density= number of keywords/100 words
    Learn here about other SEO Details

Smile What is Keyword Density?

Keyword density is "number of keywords" included per 100 words.

Keyword Density= number of keywords/100 words
    Learn here about other SEO Details

Keyword density tells you how often a search term appears in a text in relation to the total number of words it contains. For example: if a keyword appears three times in a 100 word text the keyword density would be 3%. From the point of view of search engines, a high keyword density is a good indicator of search engine spam. If a keyword appears too often in a website, search engines will downgrade the website and it will then appear lower down in search results.

I have a doubt that do we need to check the keyword density of each keywords that we are using in a page?
    for example if we have a keywords "website development' and "branding services' so, do we need to check the density of each keywords in a specific page?we should have both the density below 5%??

please do clarify my doubt or help me to check the density of www.quinoid.com
    Last edited by neha_shaan; 05-28-2019 at 03:58 AM.

I have a doubt that do we need to check the keyword density of each keywords that we are using in a page?
    for example if we have a keywords "website development' and "branding services' so, do we need to check the density of each keywords in a specific page?we should have both the density below 5%??

please do clarify my doubt or help me to check the density of www.quinoid.com

Keyword density refers to the number of times a keyword appears on a given webpage or within a piece of content as a ratio or percentage of the overall word count. This is also sometimes referred to as keyword frequency, or the frequency with which a specific keyword appears on a webpage.

+ Reply to Thread