View Poll Results: So... how are we (the admins) doing?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • You guys are horrible! Down with the Skitzzo's!

1 5.88%
  • You certainly aren't my favorites

0 0%
  • Not too good/Not too bad. I dont much care either way.

1 5.88%
  • You guys are decent. Some areas to work on but pretty good overall.

8 47.06%
  • Skitzzo's for president! I love all Skitzzo's!

5 29.41%
  • Other (please specify)

2 11.76%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How are we doing?

Quote Originally Posted by toddieg
    i think i did that just for fun.
    but then i forgot i did it.
    for some strange reason you were my one and only suspect

Quote Originally Posted by rmccarley
    • Reliability/Consistancy (which I think you are already on top of)
    • Updating the blog... wait... what blog? Er, updating the announcements forum with State of the Refuge stuff. Keeping us informed as to the site progress enrolls us to participate more and spread the word.
    • More outreach. This may be most imprtant. New members means new things to discuss.
    • Maybe being more responsive to this forum. I'm sure there's stuff in there that hasn't been addressed/implemented, especially from when we first started. I bet there's a lot of great ideas.
    Implementing things that raise the status of the forum will bring more attention, add members and only benefit the existing members professionally.
    I think these are all good points. While I do not have a ton of time I am currently working on prioritizing etc. This place is certainly going to be towards the top of the list as I think we need to continue to grow. I think in terms of a forum you are either growing or dieing... there is no middle ground.
    Last edited by skitzzo; 05-24-2006 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzzo
    but as the old saying goes, you can please SOME people SOME time....
    You mean this one?

"You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you have to concentrate on."

Edit: it was not political commentary, he really said it, I was not giving an opinion, merely quoting the president.
    Last edited by SearchEngineNerds; 05-25-2006 at 12:46 PM.

I like this forum. But you don't talk about SEO very much.

Can't say Skitzz for Prez, but you're not just decent. As Admins, I'd give you a 9 out of 10 (nobody's perfect )

Quote Originally Posted by [keyword]
    SEO is the overarching theme, but this is more than just a source of information... it's a community, fellowship, friends. We have fun, talk about SEO and other things. This forum could have been just a place where people stay serious, delete all non-seo topics, and the such, but then why have a forum? Just create a wiki or knowledgebase... and be very boring to read. Personally, I like the community aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by SearchEngineNerds
    You mean this one?

"You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you have to concentrate on."
    I thought it went like this: "You can fool some of the people all the time... and those are the ones who decide elections."
    Last edited by skitzzo; 05-24-2006 at 01:33 PM.
    God knows where you are, but Google may not. SEO is the key that unlocks search engine success (and a plugin isn't enough).

Hmm... Interesting question.

I'll PM some of this.

I would actually recommend trashing the suggestions forum. If people really have an itch for something they'll bring it up elsewhere. Because this is a pet/pro-bono project, I realize you guys can't afford to spend the better part of your working day on it. Having a Suggestions forum is inviting letdowns when you can't follow up on things timely. Gotta manage expectations.

I also think that maybe between admins and mods you guys oughta put together a vision of what you want to see this forum grow to become, so you can put your efforts into that - start taking strategic steps to move in that direction.

Get Wit a new pair of glasses so he can judge web design and things will be fine!

RP had thoughtful observations.

I suggest you give the mods raises!!!! Big ones!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by earlpearl
    RP had thoughtful observations.

I suggest you give the mods raises!!!! Big ones!!!!!!
    What? WHAT? WHAT?

Raise? As in get paid?

woa.
    |
    Clue in soon!

Quote Originally Posted by skitzzo
    Um... thats kind of what the whole commenting thing is for. Why dont you share with us the "right answer" instead of me guessing again.
    What, and do away with the whole "I'm so mysterious" ambiance he's trying so hard to establish? Good luck.

-Michael
    Free Image Meta Search
    SEO Tools
    Poetry

Blog Smackdown!
    Skitz is very clear about what behaviour caused him to start this site up. His ego is way too big and fully engaged - rmccarley

It was just too much text. I couldn't read it. - rmccarley

I'm not a prosecutor, but Dave thinks I should play one on T.V.

Quote Originally Posted by [keyword]
    I think a lot of that has to do with the lack of "newbies." Most people here have it down pretty well. Or we have already discussed everything else. A lot of it now is just bouncing ideas around and killing time lol. With fresh newbies, all the basic/general questions get asked over and over again. This usually leads to new information that may not have been exposed without rehashing a lot of the basics.

Quote Originally Posted by mvandemar
    What, and do away with the whole "I'm so mysterious" ambiance he's trying so hard to establish? Good luck.

-Michael
    he? lol

Anyway, I think the admins/mods/overall forum here are great. There rarely is ever a problem and if there is, it is handled well.

I think the biggest thing is the lack of new and active members. This place really slows down at a certain time of the day (at least its day over on this side of the world). It would be great if the "buzz" just never stopped... which is where new membership comes in. Not just new... but new and at least, semi-active.
    "Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast