+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Google Checkout Resources

Google Checkout Resources

OK, not quite a NEW thing, but a good one to start with IMO.

Even though GC isn't new to the payment processing and merchant world we have been seeing much more of it lately, especially on Google itself. They are really pushing the service in full force now and they are most certainly loosing money by offering FREE processing during 2007 (even though it's rumored they have 'special relationships' with the credit companies/lenders etc.)

What is Google doing to promote Checkout?

Occasionally we see it on Google's homepage, but it is also currently always in the footer on Froogle. They have added and improved several means of integration including third-party shopping cart providers, API code, buy now buttons and their Base service to up the amount of stores using Checkout as a payment option.

What Google is doing to help promote merchants who use Checkout?

Being an SEO I mainly care about where my clients stores are being promoted. As a store owner I care about where my store is going to be promoted.

First they came up with a page dedicated to some of the most popular stores and brands that offer checkout. They also added a nifty little link in the Onebox area and on Froogle to stores that offer checkout as a payment option. AdWords advertisers have a badge displayed next to their sponsored listings.

Where to find out more about buying with Checkout, selling with checkout and why store owners should offer it as an option...

Buyer tour

Seller tour

Checkout & AdWords

Processing orders tour

Some of these things were discussed back in August here already, so apologies if some links are the same on this post (ie. NY Times).

Thought I would touch on the marketing aspects in detail and let the videos explain the other things (since Google did a nice job of producing them).

So I hope this info helps someone and all of you add your knowledge and experience about eCommerce to the new forum. See ya when I see ya!
    Last edited by eCopt; 03-08-2007 at 02:00 PM.
    Learn eCommerce Tactics by eCopt | Need Ecommerce? Try... Web 2.0 Stores

I think if you could mention the way to integrate the Google Checkout and Google Analytics - which is an added advantage of having Google Checkout, as I believe - that would be great...

FYI.
    Search Engine Marketing India "With a Virtue of being Practical...!!!".
    DD:"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."

Thanks for the additional info ...

Google has certainly begun lots of cross promotion of their services.

You login to Adwords and see promotions and banners for other G services like Analytics. Same with Checkout, they cross promote Froogle, Base and Analytics.

If you have a store that is setup with eCommerce tracking for Analytics and setup your Checkout account to track those orders, you can see all the details of where your SALES come from, in addition to all the other Analytics goodies.

I like other tracking services too, such as ClickTracks, but it's harder to use with Google services as it's a third party. Not saying Google is best, just saying it's easy to use their services together in one strategy.

It's similar for Yahoo stores or eBay stores. IMO, those services will never use a competitors service along with theirs. We wont see a Yahoo store that is easily integrated with Google services, although some of them are starting to share certain goals.

With the birth of sitemap protocol, we have seen the major SE's make some drastic changes. Now Live.com gives an option to use Google Base XML format files for product uploads. That's the first instance I have seen where one major SE like Live.com even mentions another search engines name, let alone uses another search engine's formatting for services. They do allow other formats, but its easier if you already have the one file for Base.

Cross promotion services and mashups are certainly happening more and more with the players.
    Learn eCommerce Tactics by eCopt | Need Ecommerce? Try... Web 2.0 Stores

Quote Originally Posted by kichus View Post
    I think if you could mention the way to integrate the Google Checkout and Google Analytics - which is an added advantage of having Google Checkout, as I believe - that would be great...

FYI.
    I like your quote its really true and i am experience it all time, thanks Kichus with the help of this quote you remind me to get more knowledge on different issues. "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"

Good post , but we can opt for PPC...

Best Wedding Planners in Lahore * Best Event Organizer in Lahore * Event Decor in Lahore * Best Birthday Planners in Lahore * Corporate Event Management Company Lahore * Best Catering Services in Lahore * samsung helpline number lahore * laptop repairs in Lahore * Statelife Office Lahore * Statelife Office in Bahria Town Lahore * State Life Insurance Policy LahoreS * State Life Insurance Company Lahore * State Life Plan Lahore * State Life Insurance plan Lahore * State Life Bima Insurance Lahore * State Life Bima Policy Lahore * State Life Insurance Policy Lahore * Insurance Company in Lahore * Insurance Company in Pakistan * Whole Life Insurance Lahore * Whole Life Assurance Lahore * Whole Life Bima Policy Lahore * Whole Life Insurance Plans Lahore * Whole Life Insurance Policy Lahore * Endowment Insurance Lahore * Endowment Assurance Lahore * Endowment Plans Lahore * Endowment Insurance Plans Lahore * Endowment Policy Lahore * Endowment Insurance Policy Lahore * Anticipated Endowment Insurance Lahore * Anticipated Endowment Assurance Lahore * Anticipated Endowment Plan Lahore * Anticipated Endowment Insurance Plan Lahore * Anticipated Endowment Policy Lahore * Anticipated Endowment Insurance Policy Lahore * Sadabahar Insurance Lahore * Sadabahar policy Lahore * Sadabahar Insurance Plans Lahore * Sadabahar Insurance Lahore * Family Insurance Lahore * Future Planning Insurance Lahore * Secure Future Insurance Lahore Shad Abad Assurance Lahore * Shad Abad Assurance Policy Lahore * Shad Abad Insurance Plans Lahore * Shadabad Insurance Lahore * Shadabad Assurance Lahore * Shadabad Insurance Plans Lahore * Shadi Insurance Plan Lahore * Shadi Insurance Policy Lahore * Jeevan Saathi Assurance Lahore * Jeevan Saathi Insurance Lahore * Jeevan Saathi Policy Lahore * Jeevan Saathi Insurance Plan Lahore * Jeevan Saathi Bima Policy Lahore * Jeevan Saathi Beema Policy Lahore * Child Protection Assurance Lahore * Child Protection Plans Lahore * Child Protection Policy Lahore * Child Protection Insurance Lahore * Child Education and Marriage Plan Lahore * Child Education Plan Lahore * Child Education Insurance Plan Lahore * Child Marriage Insurance Plan Lahore * Child Marriage Insurance Policy Lahore * State Life Education Plan Lahore * Supplementary Insurance Covers Lahore * Supplemental Insurance Covers Lahore * Supplemental Policy Covers Lahore * Supplemental Insurance Covers Lahore *

Add the debit card or bank account you want to transfer the money to. The next time you get money, sign in to pay.google.com or open the Google Pay app view your transaction. If you've set a default payment method, any money you receive will go directly to it.
    Custom Printed Boxes
    Custom Boxes
    Custom Packaging Boxes
    Custom Cosmetic Boxes
    Custom Presentation Folders

+ Reply to Thread