+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What are the disadvantages to having 2 tracking scripts running on the same page?

Quote Originally Posted by mvandemar View Post
    Did you look in FF or IE? IE will load and not hang on the scripts, FF sometimes will.

-Michael
    Good question, it works fine with FF IE Opera and Safari. Others have not been tested.

this is a good tool... it will give you a really good idea of how long your site could take to load based on the elements in your page...

http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/

You might look at the results and laugh thinking they are grossly inaccurate... but I recently had a site reviewed at a forum in Australia and they reported the lengthy wait this that the above utility was reporting...

Your server being relatively local to you will gain you a performance boost... worldwide... it's a different story... speed counts...

Your googleorganic.com page takes over seven seconds to reload in my browser and that utility is reporting 7.42 seconds download wait over a T1... that may seriously effect any javascripts which rely on the document.onload event handler... ( I have the same problems... usually too many graphics on my end )

Quote Originally Posted by MrMagoo View Post
    Your googleorganic.com page takes over seven seconds to reload in my browser and that utility is reporting 7.42 seconds download wait over a T1... that may seriously effect any javascripts which rely on the document.onload event handler... ( I have the same problems... usually too many graphics on my end )
    Thanks for the link. Also, the URL you mentioned is not what I wanted to run the multiple scripts on. That is my personal blog, i was talking about one of my biz related sites.

There is no disadvantage to having 2 scripts running on the same page.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2