+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for feedback...

For anyone who is interested, Michael and I have been chatting about this issue at V7N forums (you seem to have started threads on the subject at all the major forums, Michael - nice PR job, there.)
    Whoops, hold up there, Rand. Michael can probably be accused of many things...killing off ancient civilization, even...but starting the V7N thread isn't one of them. He didn't come into the discussion there until several days after it began. His first post was the 149th post, in fact, which means it was heavily in full swing at the time. You, in fact, had already posted four times in the days prior in that thread (post numbers 22, 29, 73, and 106). So, Michael didn't really have much to do with that PR job. Despite the fact that I think John Scott and Michael VanDeMar might be long lost siblings, it was John who rolled that PR wheel.
    You'll never shine if you don't glow

Donna Fontenot - eBusiness Coach / Consultant.

I think the excent to which Rand is extremely busy is underestimated here. He is so busy he can't look at every point to discuss and is just going with the flow. Though it seems impossible to miss the point of how one might miss who submitted the post, in his recent post at V7N Rand does say he didn't read all the 13 pages of the posts (though, as you say, he did post in the beginning and could have seen/read the first post).

Then again, Rand should probably make more supported arguments, indeed, but I think it can't be asked for, since he has other fish to fry.
    Yura

Rand, in the spirit of the request you made of me on 08-14-2007, 07:00 PM:

Quote Originally Posted by randfish on V7N
    BTW - You seem to suggest that I have a pattern of posting irresponsibly without doing research - could you point out the other blog posts of mine that you've felt were bad judgment? I try my best to put together a valuable resource over there, so I'd definitely appreciate your opinion.
    I would like to ask, to help you understand what it is you do, to please back this up, somehow, which you posted a mere 9 hours later:

Quote Originally Posted by randfish View Post
    you seem to have started threads on the subject at all the major forums, Michael
    Doesn't even have to be exhaustive proof. Why don't you list what are, in your opinion, the top 8 forums, and which ones I started threads in about this. Links to the threads themselves please. You can even toss in some not-so-top ones, if you need to pad the list any. And yes please, I would at the very least like the list of 8 forums. I'm not saying that I didn't start them, mind you, just that I'd like to see what they are.

Now, this next is a direct question, being asked pointedly from me to you:

Do you feel it is fair to be called to task to backup the above statement that you made? That you should have to provide the proof, when asked to do so?

-Michael
    Free Image Meta Search
    SEO Tools
    Poetry

Blog Smackdown!
    Skitz is very clear about what behaviour caused him to start this site up. His ego is way too big and fully engaged - rmccarley

It was just too much text. I couldn't read it. - rmccarley

I'm not a prosecutor, but Dave thinks I should play one on T.V.

Michael, I think that he's just trying to get feedback on his blog and ways to improve his thinking/writing stuff. He isn't asking for proof.

Alright. I guess I need to quit commenting for Rand and let him answer for himself. Rand, see how standing up for you doesn't work well for you and for the commenter?

http://sphinn.com/story/2193
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...ghlight=seomoz
    http://www.dirsensei.com/blog/2007/0...stern-wannabe/
    http://worstseoblogever.wordpress.co...a-friday-rant/
    http://smackdown.blogsblogsblogs.com...troll-defense/
    http://www.v7n.com/forums/web-direct...-vs-aviva.html

I'm sure there are more out there.

Donna - you're right about the V7N thread; my bad.

Michael - yes, I should be held to account for everything I say, just like anyone else. Top 8 forums - DP, WMW, Sitepoint, Webpronews, SEW, Cre8, SEOChat, Refugee? And you've only started or engaged in threads at a couple of them. I'm definitely getting defensive and emotional, and in doing so, ranted a bit more than I should have.

Ahh!! I have no time for this forum stuff... Why am I here? Why do I respond to this? I feel like an idiot for paying attention, but then I can't sleep at night if I don't. I need to get some thicker skin.

Free Image Meta Search
    SEO Tools
    Poetry

Blog Smackdown!
    Skitz is very clear about what behaviour caused him to start this site up. His ego is way too big and fully engaged - rmccarley

Rand, Michael is very detail oriented, and is partly why you and he go round and round. You said he STARTED threads on all the major forums, and M asked you to show proof of that.

None of the links you posted shows that.

2 of those links are forums - neither thread started by M, and only 1 that he participated in.

2 are blogs that M didn't start or participate in at all.

1 is a sphinn story about M's blog post

1 is M's blog post.

The only forum thread I'm aware of that Michael started was this one. Plus he had the 1 blog post on his own blog. He participated in your own blog post at SEOmoz and at the V7N thread (coming in pretty late on both).
    Last edited by dazzlindonna; 08-15-2007 at 09:16 AM.
    You'll never shine if you don't glow

Donna Fontenot - eBusiness Coach / Consultant.

That's what I said in my post - he only started threads at a couple - here and Sphinn (and his blog). I was wrong to get frustrated and say "all" when it was only a couple. The list is just a list of places where the "PR" from his postings went; I thought that was being asked for as well? Maybe not.

That's what I said in my post - he only started threads at a couple - here and Sphinn (and his blog). I was wrong to get frustrated and say "all" when it was only a couple. The list is just a list of places where the "PR" from his postings went; I thought that was being asked for as well? Maybe not.
    Are you high???

This was your exact statement:

(you seem to have started threads on the subject at all the major forums, Michael - nice PR job, there.)
    That statement was intended to give the impression that I started some sort of smear campaign against you and generate sympathy. I started exactly one thread in any of the major forums, and that was this one. Therefore of course I asked you to backup your statement.

WTF does posting random threads and blog posts talking about you, the majority of which I never even participated in let alone started, have to do with my "nice PR job" that you publicly accused me of engaging in?

We're not talking exaggeration here, Rand, we're talking about you trying to equate this single thread with "all the major forums" now.

-Michael
    Free Image Meta Search
    SEO Tools
    Poetry

Blog Smackdown!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast