+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is this wrong or against TOS?

It's against a TOS, do that and i'm sure they will warn you.

Yes, something like a paypal donation and even the description that *donations* go to cover server costs (or whatever) would be fine.
    You just have to be absolutely clear that there is no connection between the adsense display and the donation request.

However something like 'Funds generated by revenue from these ads is used for XXX' would be absolutely unacceptable - it would be drawing attention to the ads and thats not allowed, and I think this is more what the OP is talking about.

But I was late in my response to this, and he has probably long since resolved this

you shouldn't encourage your visitors to click on Google ads. it is not advisable

encourage them to click on your ads, just not explicitly. think creative placement. however, if you want to mention where your funds are going there is nothing wrong with putting a message in the page footer that states something like "All proceeds from this site go to Charity X". this shows no coorlation between your ads and their monetizing purpose. don't fear the google

Quote Originally Posted by skitzzos_pop View Post
    You might consider saying revenue from and contributions to this site are use to support the ministry without mentioning the ads directly. But skitz's idea to ask first is a good one.
    This is the best way to say it i guess.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2