Why I Blog
I suppose it was bound to happen eventually. You see I’ve been tagged by Donna (don’t worry, I’ll be sure to get you next time ;) ) to participate in the “Why I Blog” meme. So, without further ado, here are my 5 reasons.
- I enjoy writing. – As most of you know I have about a million blogs and only update two or three even close to regularly. That being said, I love to write and blogging is the quickest and easiest way to write and have an audience.
- I’m opinionated. – Again, this probably comes as no surprise to anyone but I’m a very opinionated person. I really enjoy debating/arguing but yelling at my computer screen is a lot less fulfilling for some reason. So, when I come across a topic or story that gets me all riled up, blogging lets me present my argument and allows me the illusion that people are listening.
- It makes life easier. – Posting a link is a lot easier than sending 20 friends emails saying “Check this out!” Plus if I can point readers to quality information and send a bit of traffic to other more deserving sites by creating a post on my site, I owe it to the people who were kind enough to teach me the ways of the web to do so.
- Boredom. – When things in the SEO world get a bit dull, a controversial or fun blog post can really help pass the time.
- It works. – Look, this site is dedicated to SEO. Given Google’s love for fresh, updated content, and the number of links to be gained by blogging I’d be remiss if I didn’t at least give it a shot. Besides, once I placed the proper value on blogging, I couldn’t afford NOT to.
Ok, now for the fun part, tagging other poor unsuspecting souls…
Oh, P.S. This is a beautiful thing… I’d have never been able to keep up otherwise.
Thanks Skitzzo, I wasted no time:
I’m glad you like the blog meme tracker, it’s been fun setting up and watching it grow!